Laser Skin Resurfacing
Modern technology provides a variety of successful laser resurfacing treatments for improving the condition of the skin. Laser skin treatments employ focused beams of light energy to counteract the effects on the skin of acne, aging, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, scars, or poor nutrition. Resurfacing laser treatments are safe and efficient, requiring little downtime to provide effective results.
Much less invasive than dermabrasion and chemical peels, laser treatments remove damaged skin and rejuvenate the patient’s appearance. Most of the time, such treatments are sought for the face, but may also be performed on other parts of the body.
Reasons for Laser Resurfacing
Patients seek laser resurfacing for a variety of reasons, all related to discontent with their appearance. Laser resurfacing may be performed for any of the following reasons:
- To decrease or eliminate wrinkles or stretchmarks
- To diminish the appearance of scars
- To rejuvenate non-responsive skin after a facelift
- To remove age spots or spider veins
- To repair sun-damaged skin
- To improve skin tone due to melasma or other causes
- To remove warts or birthmarks
- To decrease the size of enlarged pores
- To remove tattoos
Types of Laser Resurfacing We OFFER
Alma Harmony IPL (intense pulsed light)
- This multifunctional laser offers multiple treatments in one system. The most common treatments using this laser include reducing the visibility of sunspots, acne scarring, vascular lesions, and more.
CynoSURe Elite MPX (PIXEL LASER)
- This laser is ideal for hair removal on all skin types and can also be used to treat vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, and improve photo-aged skin (sunspots).
Recovery from Laser Resurfacing
Recovery from laser resurfacing procedures varies according to the particular procedure undergone and the individual patient’s skin type. In all cases, however, patients who have undergone these treatments should avoid sun exposure wherever possible.