Microneedling, an effective and minimally invasive treatment to treat fine lines and acne scarring, is furthered enhanced with the use Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). This technique uses your body’s own healing process to produce new collagen and elastin, resulting in smoother, more radiant skin.
What is Platelet-rich Plasma?
Your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself. PRP therapy jumpstarts and nourishes that natural healing process using your own blood components.
Your blood contains platelets and plasma, in addition to red and white blood cells. The platelets and plasma contain proteins and growth factors, which are the desired substances when it comes to therapy.
Here is how the process works:
- Your blood is drawn from your arm
- The vials of blood are inserted into a centrifuge which spins them around at a high rate of speed
- The action of the centrifuge separates the various components of the blood, so that the plasma is isolated from the other components
- The isolated plasma contains many more platelets than a normal sample of blood
- The provider uses the microneedling tool to create tiny holes in the skin’s surface
- PRP is applied to enhance collagen production and cell regrowth
Benefits of PRP Microneedling
PRP microneedling is known to produce stunning results, including smoother, more radiant skin. PRP microneedling is used to address skin concerns such as:
- acne scarring
- fine lines
- sun damage
- uneven or rough skin texture